Wednesday, January 27, 2010

StoryREADING.

YES, I DID READ MY STORY DURING THE storytelling TODAY. i felt so stupid! .SO SAD WITH MYSELF. Waaaaaaa!

AND HERE`S THE STORY THAT I READ. I WRITE THE STORY MYSELF YOU KNOW. HAHAHA

Storytelling: HAIR
It was still vivid in my memory the very first time I ever saw her. I was in the Biology class when this new girl came. I don`t know if it was love at first sight but all I knew is that I was certainly struck by her beauty. She had these big brown eyes that shone like diamonds. Her olive skin was flawless and she got the sweetest smile I had ever seen. The way she talked when she introduced herself hinted politeness and her voice was gentle and compassionate, but, the thing I like most about her was her hair.

Her hair was long, black and shiny making it the envy of every girl in the school. Her hair was easily the most beautiful in our class or even, our school. Much to my amusement, she gracefully walked and sat at the empty seat beside me. The smell of shampoo from her hair caught my nose when she walked beside me. Oh, I couldn`t describe how happy I was that day. Since then, our relationship started to bloom.
Over the months, we became closer to each other. She was easy to talk to and her attitude was very pleasant and outgoing. We shared our problems and happiness. She always supported me in everything that I did and comforted me when I was in difficulties. She gave me the shoulders to cry on and I gave her mine. Another thing about her was that she always put on a happy face no matter how tired she was and laughed at even the silliest jokes. There must be some kind of chemistry between me and her as we seemed to get along very well. But, we are only best friends, not more than that. Not yet anyway.

It was a rainy morning when everything changed. It was the physics period and Madam Mona was teaching the Nuclear Formula. Beside me, Alicia looked very pale for she had been very sick since early morning. Her face was white, her head in constant headache and the area around her lungs felt very painful. Madam Mona, who already prepared a question called upon Alicia to solve it. Though Alicia was feeling very sick, she still went to the whiteboard to try to solve the problem. She was writing the answer when suddenly, she had a coughing fits. Cough! Cough! Oh! The sound was so horrible. It was as if the air inside her lungs were squeezed out of her. Then, she put her right hand to her mouth and everyone was surprised to see red, black blood staining her hand.

She felt to her knees, her face showed unimaginable pain. Madam Mona quickly helped her got to her feet and sent her to the hospital...
The news of her diagnosis hit me like lightning. Oh my God! She had lung cancer! How could this be? She was only seventeen, she was too young. The days after this seemed black. Oh, how i wished that this was just a nightmare, just a horrible, horrible nightmare.

Since that day, she came less and less to school for she had to undergo the chemotherapy treatment. I started to miss her a lot; it was like a part of me was missing. When she was in school, the chemotherapy treatment left her with frequent nausea and headache. But still, despite the pains and sufferings, the sweet smile, and her cheerful manner still did not fade. Everyone at school really cared for her; they would try to help her in any way they could. It somehow made the pains more bearable.

Even so, the disease finally affected her. One week after the chemotherapy treatment, she woke up to find clumps of hair on her pillow. The sight of her lifeless hair separated from her head really devastated her. She clung to it, she didn`t want to let it go. It was her crown, her beauty. She cried and cried while her mother tried to comfort her. That day, she mourned the loss of the hair that she cared for so much.

I could not help but shed a few tears when i saw the bald girl entered the class. Her head was covered with a hat. Some of the classmates gathered around her, with red watery eyes they hugged her. We could not help but felt sorry for her. It was such an awful ordeal that she had to endure- to loss one`s most valuable possession. The classmates` simple gestures of kindness cause tears to trickle down her cheeks. It was tears of gratitude.

Something weird had happened to me- i couldn`t sleep and my mind always thought of Alicia. Was it love? Maybe. Did she love me too? Well, time to find out. I decided to ask her as my date to the ballroom dance that the school organised every year. I could tell that she was not expecting it but nonetheless, she accepted it anyway. Her reply made my heart burst with joy. My emotion was mixed between nervousness and excitement when i went to her house. I had done a very special thing for her that night. I rang the bell and she opened the door. She was pleasantly surprised to see my head shaved to the very last strains. She smiled and spontaneously touched the bare skin on my head. After greeting her parents, we went to the luxuriously-decorated dance hall. The atmosphere in the dance hall was heavenly. Love was in the air all around us.

The music played, we stood and faced each other. My right hand grabbed hers, while my other hand was positioned on her waist. And then, we started to dance. My eyes fixed on hers. We looked at each other, full of passion, full of love. And we danced and danced and danced, a bald couple dancing under the lights.
That was when i whispered to her ear “I love you Alicia, I love you with all my heart.” She didn`t reply, she just hugged me really tight. She buried her head on my coat and she cried. “What`s wrong Allie? Don`t you love me?” i asked her. She looked at me and said, “I love you too, but, I`m sick Asyraf, I`m really, really sick. I might be dea...” “Stop it! Don`t say that, I don`t care, all I know is that i love you and I’m not letting you go!” I wiped the tears of her cheeks. She looked at me. I looked at her. Our head moved closer and our lips met. We kissed our first kiss that night.

It was like a dream and i wished that it would never end. Unfortunately, it did. After the dance, I sent her to her house. She looked happy but, I did not know why after she left I felt this deep, painful sorrow. Something was wrong, I could feel it.

It turned out that I was right. Something did happen to her. It was only the next morning when I learned the news of her death. She died that night after the dance; her cancer was in the terminal state. Oh, the grief that I felt then still haunts me till this day. It was as if my heart was ripped out of my body. But, i have to accept her leaving me. Nevertheless, i will never forget her sweet smile, her beautiful eyes and the smell of her hair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment