Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hyperbole.

"i cannot go to school today"
said little peggy ann mckay.
"i have the measles and the mumps,
a gash, a rash and purple bumps.

my mouth is wet, my throat is dry.
i`m going blind in my right eyes.
my tonsils are as big as rocks.
i`ve counted sixteen chicken pox.

and there`s one more- that`s seventeen,
and don`t you think my face looks green?
my leg is cut, my eyes are blue,
it might be the instamatic flue.

i cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
i`m sure that my left leg is broke.
my hips hurt when i move my chin,
my belly button` caving in.

my back is wrenched, my ankle`s sprained,
my` pendix pains each time it rains.
my toes are cold, my toes are numb,

i have a sliver on my thumb.

my neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
i hardly whisper when i speak.
my tounge is filling up my mouth,

i think my hair is falling out.

my elbow`s bent, my spine ain`t straight,
my temperature is one-o-eight.
my brain shrunk, i cannot hear,

there`s hole in my ear.

i have a hangnail, and my heart is...
what? what`s that? what`s that you say?
you say today is?... saturday?

g`bay, i`m going out to play!!!"


-shel silverstein

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment